If you are intending to use the service at any point whilst the ‘lock down’ restrictions remain in place please be sure it is essential.
• Don’t use the service if you have any Cold or Flu like symptoms at all – this will put our community, including your own family and friends, at risk.
• Do use the service to get to work – this is essential travel and the whole community are relying on you being able to get to work.
• Don’t use the service to visit or meet up with friends – this is NOT essential travel and goes against the core instruction of the ‘lock down’.
• Do use the service to get to a medical appointment – it is vital that you attend all medical appointments. Missing an appointment will not help keep you healthy and wastes the time of the medical staff, this is not helpful.
• Don’t use the service to ‘get out of the house’ – this is NOT essential travel and we are trying to reduce the rate of transmission of the virus, unnecessary use of the service will not help.
• Do use the service to buy necessary food and supplies, if you have no other options – you should use the shops closest to your home whenever possible, only use the service if that is not an option.
• Don’t use the service as part of your time to exercise – this is NOT essential travel and using your ‘feet on the street’ if able – being out in the fresh air and respecting the ‘social distance’ guidelines is the best choice to make.
Our staff will be asking for the purpose of your travel, please understand that we are trying to help reduce the rate of transmission of the virus – it is not something any of us want to have to do.
We thank you not only for your understanding at this difficult time for everyone but also for your assistance in following the States of Guernsey advice and helping to keep our community safe.